Home Health Aides
UJC Home Health Aides
We do the little things so you can do the big things
UJC has more than 800 home health aides who provide non-medical assistance so people can stay in their homes when recovering from an illness or injury or when they need long-term assistance.
Home Health Aide Services
Our aides provide:
- Personal care so you can feel good about yourself.
- Assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing, so you can stay in your home.
- Help getting to doctor appointments, the theater or the park so you can enjoy life.
- Housekeeping and laundry services so you can be proud of your home and invite friends over.
Most importantly, our home health aides provide companionship. That’s why UJC takes extra care to ensure that your aide is someone you’ll like being with.
We Help Everyone
- We serve people of all ages.
- We provide both short-term care, such as after surgery, and long-term care.
- We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and private-pay clients. You can use our services to extend Medicare-approved service hours.
Reliable Professional Assistance
UJC is a fully licensed Home Health Aide agency under the Department of Health. We serve all five boroughs and parts of Nassau County.
- Have extra training in such topics as safety, recognizing senior depression, grieving, caring for people with dementia, and other skills needed to ensure that clients get all the services they need.
- Supervised by a case coordinator and a registered nurse you can call at any time, for no extra charge.
- Have had an FBI background check.
- Trained to respect cultural and religious preferences.
- Come from diverse backgrounds, speak multiple languages, and can accommodate special interests, such as cooking.
- Can connect you with social workers who can help you with housing, insurance or counseling during a crisis.
“Florence, my aide, takes pride in anticipating what I need. She doesn’t make me ask for everything… that gives me more dignity. It makes me feel less dependent.”
— Ray L., UJC client
You’re in Control
Just Tell Us What You Need
Our partnership begins with a conversation. Tell your case coordinator what you need and what you like, whether that’s a good cook or a person who will take you out and about. We specialize in quick, effective assignments and can have someone at your home within 24 hours.
If the aide isn’t a perfect fit, just call your case coordinator and we’ll make it right. If you need to shift things around to accommodate an appointment or a party, let us know and we’ll make it happen.
“I can’t say enough about the impact UJC’s Home Care Agency made. It was so hard to get around and I’m a very independent person. It made a world of difference in how I felt about myself and I was able to stay in my home.”
— Mrs. A., UJC client
You Can Count on Us
Having someone new in your home can be stressful; we understand. We will do everything we can to put you at ease. UJC is a community — we take care of our aides so they take better care of you. Our aides are well-paid, and many have been with us for decades. We have created a culture of reliability and honesty among our Home Health Aides so you are in good, trustworthy hands.
“They’re incredibly responsive to my mom’s needs and our family’s needs. They respond well and thoughtfully, and they do it quickly.”
— Neil T., son of UJC client suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease.
UJC will work with you to determine your specific coverage and help you access the care that’s needed for you or a loved one. Listed below are some of the ways you may be able to pay for our services:
Medicare: a federally funded program, primarily for those 65 and older
Medicaid: a program funded by federal and state governments, primarily for those with limited resources and income
Health Insurance: employer-sponsored as well as individually-purchased insurance, managed care programs, and long-term care insurance
Paying Directly: using your own money to pay for services
Medicare and Medicaid have precise criteria that must be met for eligibility, and there may be limits to what they and private insurance companies will cover.